Our associated construction lawyer’s job carries a variety of responsibilities and tasks related to providing legal advice and representation in our projects. Here is a general overview of work performed by our lawyers:
- Contract drafting and terms: Help us prepare, review, and negotiate construction contracts, including agreements between owners, contractors, subcontractors, architects, and suppliers. Ensure that contracts are legally sound, protect our client’s interests, and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Construction dispute resolution: Handle construction-related disputes, such as payment issues by clients to our trades including breach of contract claims.
- Legal research and analysis: Conduct legal research for us to stay updated on construction laws, regulations, and industry trends. Analyze complex legal issues to provide accurate and informed advice to clients.
- Regulatory compliance: Assist us in complying with relevant construction laws, building codes, and zoning regulations to ensure projects meet legal requirements.
- Risk management: Advise us on risk mitigation strategies to minimize potential legal disputes and liabilities during our construction projects.
- Mechanics liens and bond claims: Help us file mechanics liens or bond claims to secure payment for our contractors, subcontractors, or suppliers who are not paid for their work or materials.
- Client counseling: Provide us with legal guidance and counsel to clients regarding potential legal issues, project management, and risk avoidance.
- Document review: Examine our construction project documents, such as plans, specifications, and change orders, to identify potential legal issues and advise clients accordingly.
- Court representation: Represent us in court proceedings, hearings, and other legal proceedings related to construction disputes.
Our construction lawyers possess strong analytical, negotiation, communication, and problem-solving skills. They have a comprehensive understanding of construction law, contract law, real estate law, and relevant regulations to effectively navigate the complexities of our construction projects and protect our clients and trades’ interests. They along with us act as mediators when disputes arise in complex change orders and requests not associated with contracts.